Project Management – Offshore Projects
This intensive 5-day course deals with all aspects of Project Management in offshore environments. It combines theory and practice of key skills in a program to develop and improve the participant’s performance in a project management team where the work scope may include Capital, Operations and Maintenance Projects.
Duration: 5 days
Location: To be advised
1. To apply Project Management Techniques as lectured, in their daily work.
2. To demonstrate knowledge gained by successfully presenting a Project Execution Plan to a panel of Project Management professionals
NOTE: Objectives for each day will be discussed with the participants and will be verified at closure of each day.
- a) to verify if the objectives for this day were met
- b) to determine if any adjustments need to be made to the program of the following day (if relevant)
The course is aimed at those who have previous knowledge of project management and also at project managers with experience in managing projects and wish to gain exposure to more advanced techniques.
In order to achieve a “Skill” level, further practical learning through
e.g. On-the-Job training or participation in projects and/or assignments is required
Module 1: Project Lifecycle
- Project lifecycle introduction
Module 2: Project Conceptual Design
- The concept selection process
- Impact of offshore environment on process selection
- Managing the onshore / offshore split decision
Module 3: Project Financial Review
- Scenario-based cost estimating
- Calculating reasonable cost contingency as a function of project parameters.
- Planning for abandonment
Module 4: Project Execution Plan
- Various stages in project execution
- Impact of offshore environment on drilling decisions
- Metocean data; weather windows; building a realistic offshore project schedule
Module 5: Project Realisation
- Key skills and working methods needed to address offshore / onshore projects
- Managing safety in offshore projects
Module 6: Stage gate reviews
- An Introduction of the concept
Module 7: Decision Support Packages
- An introduction to ORP illustrated by:
- Concept selection exercise illustrating the need for cross-discipline team working (based on an actual project)
Module 8: Qualitative Risk Review
- Key differences between offshore and onshore projects from a project management and risk management viewpoint
Module 9: Quantitative risk analysis
- Management of uncertainties by analysing a few carefully defined alternative scenario
Module 10: Value Management
- The principles of value management
Module 11: Value Improvement Practises
- Some examples of practises
Module 12: Constructability
- Need for early availability modelling
- Maintenance and intervention strategies
- Weight and POB control
Module 13: Procurement
- Procurement strategies
Module 14: Best in class and benchmarking
- The explaination of the concept benchmarking
Module 15: Quality management
- Quality assurance strategies
Module 16: Value improvement practices
- Explaination of the value improvement practices
- Integrated baseline reviews
Although the course is aimed at a “Knowledge” (Understand) level, practical exercises and case studies will form an integral part of the learning process.
The objectives and modules of the training course “Project Management – Offshore Projects” are directly linked to the Competence Assurance Programme (CAP) as developed by SOGOS Academy. Skills are selected from the SOGOS Academy skills library and these are translated into the training course curriculum. This approach ensures that each training event will demonstrable contribute to the competence of course participants.
The management framework CAP ensures competence of all employees through:
- the use of a unique set of skills standard to the oil & gas industry
- a common language for skills and competence
- the use of development/job profiles for each employee
- fit-for-purpose training targets
- a control mechanism to measure state of competence
About the trainer
The trainer has 37 years of experience in international E&P to Board level Balance of construction / operations in the Field, and studies in Head Office Expert in Former Soviet Union and in Chemical EOR. The trainer has worked for major E&P companies around the globe, like Shell, PDO, EON/Gazprom, etc.
Years of experience:
For more information about this training, please send an email. If you need immediate assistance, please contact by phone.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +31 (0) 524 552616